There is nothing like having dinner rolls made from scratch… It feels like a special treat every time I make these! They have become a thing of the past with everyone’s high paced over booked daily schedules… But there is no compare from store bought, frozen or pre-package tubes rolls.
These may take some time to make … But I like to think of it as passing on the “Love” through dinner rolls 🙂 I typically make these rolls during the family get together’s or holidays (this recipes yields about 3 dozen)
Try these out the next time you have a big get together… Or cut down the recipe and surprise your family with a little extra dinner roll “LOVE” 😀
Homemade Dinner Rolls
- 2 1/2 cups warm milk
- 4 tsp yeast
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup softened butter
- 2 tsp salt
- 7 cups flour maybe a lil extra too
- 1/3 cups melted butter
- Bring your milk up to 110-120 degrees.
- Pour milk into mixing bowl and sprinkle yeast… Let set for 5-10 minutes.
- Beat in sugar, eggs, butter and salt.
- Gradually stir in the flour to make a soft dough.
- Place in greased bowl and set in warm draft free place until dough doubles in size (about 1 hour)
- Punch down the dough, cover and allow to rise again. Repeat 2 more times.
- Grease a pan or cookie sheet. Break dough into 2-3 in pieces and roll dough to make a ball.
- Repeat till all dough in gone.
- Cover and let rise until double in size (about 30 minutes)
- Pre Heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes.
- While rolls are baking melt butter and toss in some garlic, oregano and basil.
- When rolls come out brush with butter mixture.
You like these??
Try some of my other breads: Amish White Bread, Homemade Breadsticks, 20 Minute Homemade Biscuits, Easy French Bread!!
9 responses to “Homemade Dinner Rolls”
[…] went to a big family and friends Easter this year… I was in charge of the rolls… But I left with the ham bone 🙂 !!! There was actually two hams that were cooked for our […]
[…] Kitchen Meets Girl when looking for a rolls recipe that doesn’t take hours to make (like my Homemade Dinner Rolls) I make my 20 Minute Biscuits quite often around here… So another bread recipe […]
plain flour or self raising???
All Purpose Flour!! I use that in everything I do unless noted otherwise 🙂
Can you freeze these after making into the balls before you bake them?
you could! Then just pull them out and let them come to room temp before baking
Could I get these all ready minus the baking and keep them in the fridge overnight and bake fresh for Christmas dinner?
I’ve never refrigerated them after rolling into balls… But i have the dough once i get it to the point right before rolling into balls. I’m actually making these right now for xmas eve dinner! 🙂 You could also try my 30 minute dinner roll recipe too! But these ones are better !!
OMG made these for Christmas supper and they were fabulous. Everyone loved them and the leftovers disappeared at the end of dinner. lol