I’ve been a huge fan of All Recipes for many years now… And I get their daily emails of recipes to try… Usually nothing really excites me too much… But I saw this recipe come across and had to try it out! (I made a couple slight changes from their recipe… but used everything they suggested)
I can tell you it is definitely on the SPICY side and the next time I make it I will be toning it down a few notches for the kids! I have a funny little story behind it though: Once I served it up… and didn’t realize how spicy it was I told the kids they didn’t have to eat it … Then my husband followed it up with “but if you do eat it and finish it all I’ll give you $150 dollars” I couldn’t believe what had just come out of his mouth… I actually thought maybe our 2nd born son would take on the bet because he will basically eat anything I serve him… but oh no our 1st born, the one that is by far the pickiest of them all said he was gonna do it!! Part of me still thought no way he’s gonna do this… But guess what HE DID!! 3 full glasses of milk later he polished off his plate and we were out $150 bucks!! Both my Husband and I went to bed that night saying I can’t believe he did it… and me saying I can’t believe you bet him!!! Thanks goodness he didn’t say $1000 or something!!!
On a side note… we don’t normally make bets with our children like that… But it was quite the dinner conversation that we had and all the kids cheering him on!!
Sweet Sticky and Spicy Chicken
- 1 TBLS brown sugar
- 2 TBLS honey
- 1/4 cup soy sauce (I used low sodium)
- 2 tsp fresh chopped ginger root
- 2 tsp chopped garlic
- 2 TBLS hot sauce (this is were I would cut it back if your not wanting too much spicy)
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 TBLS olive oil
- chopped green onion
- pinch of salt
- pinch of pepper
- 1/4 cup flour
- Chop up ginger root
- in a bowl add brown sugar, honey, soy sauce, ginger root and garlic… Mix together
- Cut chicken into chuncks
- add flour, salt and pepper to ziploc and shake around… throw chicken in a coat evenly
- Over medium heat add oil and then chicken
- When chicken is done add sauce and stir reducing heat allowing sauce to thicken
- add some chopped green onion for color and serve.
For step by step tutorial follow pictures…
My little DaeDae taking on Dad’s bet!!
Do you like chicken as much as we do??? Try these other chicken recipes: Chicken Pasta Dinner, Cream Cheese and Spinach Roll Ups, Chicken Bacon Ranch Potato Casserole, and Chicken Parmesan!! To name just a few of the 😉