I call these the 20 Minute Homemade Biscuits… I’ve made these countless times over the years … They are by far one of the fastest bread sides I’ve come across… and they can darn near be added to any meal! I found these biscuits through allrecipes … and I’ve made them with both butter or shortening and they turn out perfect either way!
We love these biscuits… they melt in your mouth! Not only that but they take 20 minutes to make from start to finish!! Sure beats those tubes of biscuits you pick up in the refrigerated section at the grocery store… How fresh are those?? See any ingredients on the back you can’t even sound out??? And then compare to price for one tube to this recipe… Pennies on the dollar!
Its a win win!!
- 2¼ Cups Flour
- 1 Tablespoon Baking Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Salt
- 1 Tablespoon Sugar
- ⅓ cup Shortening or Butter
- 1 cup Milk
- extra flour for the counter
- Pre-heat oven to 425 degrees.
- Grease baking sheet.
- Add flour, baking powder, salt and sugar to bowl mix together.
- Cut in shortening or butter to resemble coarse crumbs.
- Add half the milk and mix, then add remaining milk and mix together.
- Put on floured surface and kneed gently 15-20 times.
- Pat out flat and cut out biscuits.
- Place on greased baking sheet and bake at 425 degrees for 13-15 minutes.
- Brush tops with butter as they come out.
Follow pictures for a step by step tutorial and helpful tips …
I used this recipe in Homemade Chicken & Biscuits