First off I LOVE anything with Peanut Butter in it… So when I came across these I ripped it out of the magazine and tossed it in my recipe drawer! It’s a real simple recipe to throw together and because its more like a “cake” bar its not super dense and stays light and fluffy!! You can cut them up to your desired serving size… I like to make them in “bite size” servings…
Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cake Bars
- 2/3 cup peanut butter
- 2/3 cup softened butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 cups chocolate chips
- Pre-Heat oven to 350 degrees
- Mix together peanut butter, butter, sugar and brown sugar.
- Add 2 eggs and mix… add remaining 2 eggs and mix.
- Add vanilla and mix.
- In separate bowl add flour, baking powder and salt.
- Add 1/2 of the dry to the wet and mix.
- Add remaining dry to wet and mix.
- Add chocolate chips and mix together.
- Spread mix onto a 13×9 greased pan.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes.
- Cool completely before cutting.
For step by step tutorial please see the following photos 🙂