I love to make these for my kids as an after school snack! You can keep them plain or add some salt… But Cinnamon Sugar is by far the most requested around here… Can you blame them?
Cinnamon Sugar Pretzel Bites
Here is what you’ll need for the dough:
- 2 tbls brown sugar
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 1/2 cups warm water 110-120 degrees
- 2 1/2 tsp. yeast
- 4 cups flour
Here is what you’ll need after your dough is done rising:
- 2 cups warm water 110-120 degrees
- 2 tbls baking soda
- 4 tbls melted butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 3-4 tsp cinnamon
- In your mixing bowl add brown sugar, salt, water and yeast. Let set for 5-10 mins or until yeast is foamy
- Add your flour and change to your dough hook… mix till it has formed a ball and pulled away from the bowl
- Take it out and hand knead it for a minute
- Put it in a greased bowl… flip it so both sides are greased… cover and let rise for about an hour or till its doubled in size
- Pre-heat oven to 450
- Once it has doubled in size, punch it down and plop it on the counter… cut in down to about 6 pieces
- In a 8 inch cake pan add your baking soda and warm water… mix
- Take one of your chunks and roll it out like a snake
- Cut it down to “bite size” pieces
- Dip them in the water and baking soda mix… tap them on a paper towel, and place them on a cookie sheet with parchment paper
- Repeat and fill up your cookie sheets… this recipe filled up two cookie sheets for me… Let rise for about 15-20 mins and bake @ 450 for 8-10 minutes
- In a separate bowl mix cinnamon and sugar together
- Once you pull them from the oven let them cool for a couple minutes and then brush them with some butter and throw them in the cinnamon and sugar mix
- Shake them around to cover them with the cinnamon and sugar
- Let them cool or eat warm!
9 responses to “Cinnamon Sugar Pretzel Bites”
Awesome!! How would you do it if you wanted to put little sausages inside?
Have the sausages pre cooked… take your little pieces that you’ve cut and flatten them out like a rectangle… wrap the sausage and press your seams together (with the sausage poking out both side) Bake them with seam sides down… about 8-10 minutes or until golden brown!! MMM
Thanks!! This is gonna make the cut for Super Bowl food, can’t wait!!
I decided to make these while watching the g me today =) I can’t sit still while watching! So far I’m doing good! Can’t wait tell they are done!
Hey Sandy! These turned out amazing! And I had fun making them =) however how do you store them? I put mine in a bowl & used plastic wrap over it & they were a little wet in the morning. Still VERY yummy though! Thanks for all the work your doing to share with us!
The cinnamon sugar ones are best for first day… but if you do need to store them try just putting them in a zip lock and not zipping it…. don’t have it all the way open… but just enough so its breathing and not creating the moisture. Glad to hear they were a HIT! We love them around here… and pretty simple right!!
[…] This is the same pretzel dough that I used for Cinnamon Sugar Pretzel Bites […]
[…] Pretzel Bites […]
HI SANDY:WELL I AM GOING TO TAKE TWO MORE OF YOUR RECIPES,SHORTBREAD COOKS AND TORTILLA CHIPS,. THANK YOU . ITS GREAT WHEN A RECEIPE WORKS OUT.