There isn’t too many kids out there that say no to mac n cheese… Or at least not too many I know!
This recipe is a super easy homemade mac n cheese that all kids will love! If you feel like stepping it up a bit add some peas, bread crumbs… or cut up little smokies! The sky is the limit 😉
I made this for my Daughters 2nd birthday… She loves mac n cheese!!
Kid Friendly Mac and Cheese
- 16 oz box elbow macaroni noodles
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/3 cup flour
- 3 cups milk
- 12-16 oz shredded cheese (colby jack, cheddar… really whatever you’d like)
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- Cook Macaroni noodles and drain.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a saucepan melt butter over medium heat.
- Stir in flour using a whisk.
- Slowly add the milk while continuing to stir.
- Bring to boil and stir for 2 minutes.
- Sauce should be thick… and the cheese, salt and pepper and stir together until cheese is completely melted.
- Add the noodles and mix well.
- Place into 2 quart casserole dish.
- Bake for 30 minutes at 375 degrees.
- Let cool 5-10 minutes.
For step by step tutorial see the following photos…
I found this recipe from another great blogger here!
2 responses to “Kid Friendly Mac and Cheese”
Wow does this look great! yummy!
I love mac and cheese – stove top or oven baked … yours looks delicious!