Homemade Chicken & Biscuits is such a great staple in the fall and winter months! This recipe is super easy to put together… its also great to prep before dinner time and then just toss in the oven when your ready! I love using my 20 Minute Homemade Biscuit recipe as well for it… but your can always use those tubes of biscuits from the store… Although I am highly against those things 😉 I found this yummy recipe here!
Homemade Chicken & Biscuits
- 3 TBLS Butter
- 1 medium Onion chopped
- 1-2 Celery stalks chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 TBLS Flour
- 2 Cups Chicken Broth
- 1 tsp thyme (dried or fresh)
- 1/2 cup milk
- 3 Cups Chicken cooked (cut into chunks or boiled and shredded)
- 1 Carrot chopped
- 1 Cup frozen peas ( I left this out… just because I’m not a pea fan!)
- 1 tsp Lemon juice
- 8-12 Biscuits depending on the size (I made my 20 Minute Homemade Biscuit recipe up).
- Pre heat oven to 375 degrees and grease 9×13 casserole dish.
- In a skillet over medium heat melt butter and toss in the onion and celery to soften (about 5 minutes)
- Toss in the Carrots and season with Salt and Pepper to taste.
- Sprinkle with flour and stir. cook for about 1 minute.
- Stir in the broth and thyme and bring to boil… stirring occasionally.
- Stir in the milk, carrots, peas and lemon juice.
- Pour into the casserole dish and bake at 375 for about 20 minutes.
- While its in the oven its a good time to make up the biscuits… or if your using the tubed biscuits then maybe its a good time to clean up the mess 😉
- Pull out and raise the temp to 425 degrees
- Place the Biscuits on top and pop back in the oven for 12-15 minutes.
Hope you enjoyed this great comfort meal!