I’ve talked about this before in my Easy Homemade Pancakes… I know its easy to pull out the Bisquick or Krustez pancake/waffle dry mix and add the water… But its also easy to make up some batter from scratch and trust me… Its SOOO much better than the boxed dry mix! You probably have all the ingredients in the kitchen … why spend extra money on pre-made up batter when you can do it all yourself!!!
Give these waffles a try and let me know what you think! Or if you really want a challenge… Make up the dry mix and the homemade batter and compare the two… I’ll bet you pick the homemade batter 😉
Homemade Waffle Batter
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups flour
- 1 3/4 cups milk
- 1/2 veg oil
- 1 TBLS sugar
- 4 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- Turn on waffle maker.
- Mix eggs, sugar and half the milk.
- Add flour, baking powder and salt… mix together
- Add remaining milk and mix.
- Add the vanilla, vegetable oil and mix.
- Pour batter on heated waffle maker and close lid.
- Repeat till all the batter is gone.
Follow photos for complete step by step tutorial…
Here’s a link to my Kid Friendly Scramble