I didn’t take me long… I just had to put my new tool to work! I have to say I may just be in LOVE and its not with my recipe… its with the pan 😀 With the mini muffin pan you may feel the need to pop 2 or 3 and then feel guilty… And come on sometimes I don’t even eat and regular size muffin cause I’d automatically feel guilty 😉 My new pan is perfect for making the PERFECT size muffins and cupcakes!
Now back to my recipe… that is the reason for this post 😉 It was Sunday and I had a couple left over bananas so I thought I’d make something to have around for a quick weekday morning breakfast… Banana mini chocolate chip muffins it is!! This recipe is nice for muffins not so much bread ( I like my banana bread a little on the dense side) they stay light airy … and my new pan made them the perfect size 😀
Try it out when you have some extra bananas sitting around…
Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins
- 3 1/2 cups flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tbls baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 cups mini chocolate chips
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup veg. oil
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 mashed bananas
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees
- In a bowl mix flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and chocolate chips.
- Beat egg, oil and milk in a separate bowl.
- Mash bananas.
- Add the bananas, egg/oil/milk mixture to the dry ingredients and mix together.
- Grease muffin tins and fill 3/4 full with batter.
- Bake depending on muffin tin size:
- mini muffins: 12-15 minutes
- medium muffins: 15-18 minutes
- regular muffins: 20-23 minutes
- jumbo muffins: 28-32 minutes
- Pull out and let cool before removing.
One response to “Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins”
[…] years back… its a great basic recipe for a loaf of Banana Bread… We also love making Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins […]