We love spaghetti around here! The kids always do a great job finishing their plates when I serve them up! Sometimes I like to just toss it in the crock pot to simmer all day… This is a great recipe to throw together and not worry about… all the flavors brew together and then you just have to make up some noodles at the end and toss it all together!
I got this recipe from Damn Delicious … I didn’t follow it quite to the T … I like to make some minor adjustments for my family’s wants and needs 😉
Homemade Crock Pot Spaghetti Sauce
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 lb ground italian sausage
- 1/2-whole onion minced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 cans (15 oz) tomato sauce
- 3 bay leaves
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp dried basil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Brown ground beef, sausage, garlic and onion in large skillet. Drain excess fat.
- In crock pot add remaining ingredients and stir together.
- Add meat mix to crock pot and stir together.
- Cook in crock pot on LOW for 8 hours or on HIGH for 4 hours.
- Boil noodles 15 minutes before serving. Add noodles to sauce, stir and serve.
Follow photos for a step by step tutorial…