As you may know we live in the Greater Northwest about an hour North East from Seattle WA. The weekend of Easter my Husband was invited to go out on a fishing charter with a group of guys. The fishing charter was heading out of Neah Bay located out on the peninsula connecting the Pacific Ocean to the Strait of Juan De Fuca… They were heading out to catch their limits of Ling Cod and some Rock Fish too!!! My Husband had never been out before so he had no idea what to expect… nor did I! I sent him off with his rubber boots, rain gear and the GO Pro… And told him to bring back a bunch of fresh fish!! He had so much fun and brought home a lot of yummy fresher than fresh fish!! My dad came over and helped us package it all up for the freezer!! Since then I’ve been making up a bunch of fish recipes… 1st up is good ole’ Beer Battered Fish and Chips!! Here’s a link to the fishing charter he went on!! Jambo’s Sport Fishing
Beer Battered Fish N Chips
- Fish… I used our Ling Cod!
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 TBLS garlic powder
- 1 TBLS paprika
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 egg
- 1 can or bottle of beer
- 1/4 cup flour separate
- Oil for frying!
- add all the ingredient is a bowl and mix well… should be nice and thick yet runny
- cut your fish in to desired size and have the side of flour and beer batter set up… Heat your oil on medium high heat
- first flour each side then dip your chunks of fish in the batter and set on cookie sheet with a something to catch the run off
- when oil is hot enough fry for a couple minutes on both sides till nice and brown
- Set on paper towels and hit them with a little salt… Continue till all fish is fried
Here is a link to my Homemade Hand-Cut French Fries And here are a couple pictures of my Dad and Husband packaging up the fish… I only have Go Pro video of the trip because my Husband’s phone died when he got out on the water!!
I’ve also made some yummy fish tacos… haven’t posted them yet… I actually relized I forgot to take a pic of the final product… Silly me… I might have to make them again soon!!! Do you have a favorite Cod meal?? I’d love to hear about it!!!