As I grew up as long as I can remember my Mom’s best friend use to make these cookies! I loved them as a kid and I still love them now! When I got older and moved out on my own I basically begged her for the recipe so I could make them on my own… I still have the little 3×5 card she wrote it down on… And now I can share the recipe with you!
Peanut Butter Chocolate Swirl Cookies
- 1/4 cup shortening
- 1/4 cup butter (room temp)
- 1/2 cup chunky peanut butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 TBSP milk
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 cups chocolate chip
- Add the shortening, butter, sugar, peanut butter, egg and milk to the bowl and mix
- Add flour, salt and baking soda and mix
- Melt your chocolate chips down
- Gather the dough into a ball
- Press it flat to the shape of a rectangle
- Roll it out the rest of the way with a rolling pin… you want it about 3/4 of an inch thick
- Add the melted chocolate and spread evenly
- start at one end and “jelly” roll it
- Wrap with saran wrap and stick it in the fridge for at least 1 hour or up to 2 days.
- Pre Heat oven Temp 350 degrees
- Slice about 1/2 thick
- Place on greased cookie sheet
- Bake 9-11 mins.
- Let cool a few mins before removing to cooling rack.
A little side note… I always double this recipe… but that’s just me 😉
6 responses to “Peanut Butter Chocolate Swirl Cookies”
When are these going to be offered for sale? Or anything else you make, Kevin would love me to buy some fresh bread! Hugs, Mary
Reblogged this on To Bake or Create.. and commented:
I have felt a bit uninspired over the last couple of weeks, I think I’ve been over tired so when I stumbled on this recipe I had to try it. My fiancée’s favourite thing is peanut butter and I’ve been trying to find something a bit different to try. Although a cookie is relatively simple and not that different, I hadn’t thought of making a swirl cookie before and it looks very yummy! I am definitely going to give it a go. Results will be posted soon.
What are your favourite things to bake with peanut butter?
– Kelly x
Reblogged this on Scratch This with Sandy and commented:
I’m craving these right now… I think I’m gonna have to get up in the morning and put them together…
Another plus the boys will have fresh cookies in their lunches on Monday when they head back to school from Spring Break!!
Anyone out there as exhausted as me?? Its been a busy week!! We are ending the weekend with this seasons 1st flag football jamboree!
[…] your a Peanut Butter lover like me… Try these: Peanut Butter Chocolate Swirl Cookies or Soft Peanut Butter […]
[…] cookie recipes… Brown Sugar Snickerdoodles, Mom’s Snickerdoodles, Chocolate Chip, Peanut Butter Chocolate Swirl, Soft Peanut Butter, or Sugar […]
[…] Peanut Butter Chocolate Swirl Cookies, Brown Sugar Snickerdoodles, Soft Peanut Butter Cookies, Layered Magic Bars […]